NYC Business Traveler Tips - Top 7 Tips for the Business Traveler Visiting New York City
Categories: NY City
Top 7 Tips for Business Travelers in New York City.
A cheat sheet on how to navigate the city.
For business travelers, New York City hosted a record 52 million visitors in 2012. The city can be overwhelming especially for those who have never been there before. Since there are tons of options to choose from, some business travelers often find that it is difficult to get around, get the best value for their money, and avoid crowds. Here are the top 7 tips for the business traveler visiting New York City:
7. Airport transportation: If you want to avoid getting crammed into car shuttle or bus while leaving one of the New York City airports, then shop around and ride in a limo that is competitively priced and allows you to ride in style.
6. Accommodations: There are several options to choose from but if you would like to save some big bucks then look for a promo code offer and hotels off the beaten path. As a rule, book early or book last-minute.
5. Using the subway: Some visitors on business like to take a tour to get around the Big Apple. Make sure to get a printable subway map which can be found online so that you can familiarize yourself with the routes.
4. Broadway shows: During your free time, you may want to see one of Broadway’s world-famous shows. You can find last minute offers by visiting the ticket booths directly.
3. Visit the Plaza Food Hall: If you happen to be staying in Midtown Manhattan, this location is popular with business travelers who get a chance to taste some of New york’s most popular dishes.
2. Do not do this: Although New Yorkers are generally friendly, they do not like people who block the flow of traffic on congested sidewalks. If you need to take a picture, then make sure to step to the side.
1. Discover the scenery: You can take a walk across the historical Brooklyn Bridge see how New Yorkers really live or join many of the other private walking tours available to discover New York City's rich history.