US Ski Resorts - Top 7 Must Visit US Ski Resorts
Topics: Ski Resorts
The Top 7 United States Ski Resorts
Things you will want to consider before booking your annual ski vacations.
The Bucket List for skiers as these Top 7 Ski resorts are a must visit. This is a must read before mapping our your winter ski get-away for you and your family. Our ratings consider the quality of skiing, lodging, weather, and overall experience.
7. Heavenly Mountain Resort (Lake Tahoe, CA) - Easy to get lost in your vacation as the views are some of the best of any place on earth. Quality skiing for all level of skiers with 100 plus runs and 20 lifts. Late night party just adds to great experience but this isn't the best family ski resort.
6. Aspen-Snowmass (Aspen, Co) - Just 10 years ago Aspen was by the best skie resort in Colorado but slowly Vail has slowly taken the title away. Still a great ski resort that offers a great family skiing experience. A little pricey in our opinion but Aspen-Snowmass still offers great skiing, lodging, bars, and food.
5. Squaw Valley (Lake Tahoe, CA) - Hard to separate all the great Tahoe ski resorts when it comes to quality skiing. The overall resort experience at Squaw Valley is what really adds to the Tahoe skiing experience. The best late night party atmosphere of any of the Tahoe resorts.
4. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (Wyoming) - Most are unaware how great the skiing and conditions are in Wyoming. Jackson Hole offers some of the best expert skiing in the United States, but the last 10 years has seen the Jackson Hole resort add two gondolas and trams to great improve the overall experience. Add in that Jackson Hole Airport is just 35 minute ride and the convenience makes it much easier than all of the Colorado resorts.
Also Check out our Top 7 Tips in Booking your Ski Vacation.
3. Snowbird (Utah) - As much as we love skiing in Colorado it's not easy to get to for most travelers. Flying into Salt Lake City is much easier and it makes Snowbird an ideal ski resort distention. Snow conditions are usually the best in United States as this valley gets 500 plus inches annually. Quality of skiing isn't quite as good as Colorado but the price is much more friendly to the wallet.
2. Telluride Ski Resort (Telluride, Co) - Taking the Gondola from middle of town right to the mountain adds to the ski town experience. The high altitude leads to great conditions as Telluride has maybe the most diverse runs for experts and beginners alike. Love the small town bars making Telluride a great place for couple get aways or group get aways.
1. Vail (Vail, Colorado) - The overall ski experience is like something out of the movies. The skiing is out of this world with something for every skiing ability. But the Vail small town feel with restaurants, bars, and shopping make this our top ski destination for last 5 years running.