LA Culture - Top 7 Los Angeles Museums
Top Rated Los Angeles Museums.
Add to your Los Angeles experience with the under rated LA Museum experiences.
We recommend that when you plan your trip to Los Angeles, you allow time to visit some of the Top 7 museums on our list. When you think of LA not many think about museums but that doesn't mean that Los Angeles doesn't offer some very unique opportunities.
7. Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits - If you would like to see the fossilized remains of prehistoric animals that were trapped in tar, visit the George C. Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits.
6. Hammer Museum - When you’re in the Westwood district of Los Angeles, we recommend you visit the Armand Hammer Museum of Art and Culture Center at UCLA, popularly known as the Hammer Museum. The museum was founded by Armand Hammer to house his extensive art collection.
5. Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) - If you would like to visit the largest art museum in the western United States, plan to spend a few hours at LACMA. You might see an exhibit such as Expressionism in Germany and France: From Van Gogh to Kandinsky.
4. Hollywood Museum - If you’re interested in anything to do with the entertainment industry, we recommend your vacation plans include a visit to the Hollywood Museum. This museum houses the largest collection of Hollywood memorabilia in the world. The Dungeon of Doom exhibit showcases the scariest horror movies and television programs that were ever made.
Also check out Top 7 Travel's - Top 7 Shopping Spots in Los Angeles.
3. J. Paul Getty Museum - The best place for you to see European and American photographs and European decorative arts, drawings, illuminated manuscripts and sculpture is at the J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center in Los Angeles.
2. Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County - The Natural History Museum is the largest natural and historical museum in the western United States. We recommend you don’t miss the Dinosaur Hall. If you like butterflies, visit the outdoor butterfly pavilion in the spring and summer.
1. Museum of Tolerance - If you want to understand the Holocaust and learn about discrimination and prejudice occurring in many parts of the world, spend time at the Museum of Tolerance. The museum was the recipient of the Global Peace and Tolerance Award from the Friends of the United Nations.